Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Thinking about podcasting

I have some friends who love love love podcasts, and I have to admit, I am a skeptic. Partially this is because I am a very visual person, and while I can enjoy radio and audio things...for me there are best utilized when driving, when I have a limited number of things I can be doing at one time. And that time is usually filled up with audiobooks already!

Podcasts to me are one more layer of information, and personally I'm a bit overwhelmed already.

But on the plus side, it is a very personal direct way to share information and connect with others, which is very cool.

How could KCLS use this? I think the best use would be to have a series of interviews with various staff members about their jobs, what they do, or upcoming projects they are excited about. Stuff the public might find interesting, and would make us seem more transparent, and worthy of continuing support.

Video podcasts could be great for booktalks, storytimes, fingerplays, and special events, too!

No comments: