Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Using online applications

Today I played with both Zoho's word processing program, and Google Docs. At first I felt a little uncertain about them, but by the end of the exercise, I was sold. This is so great for folks who can't afford to buy software, but want to be able to access their documents regardlessly. And I like the idea of group access to a document, though I'm not totally sure how that would work best.

Some of the ways I think this could be handy for a librarian:
1) working on booklists over time...being able to add books without having a disc handy
2) working on articles...can just add a bit at a time when a new thought comes to mind
3) working on booktalks...could have multiple librarians add their own variations
4) any ongoing project you need to take notes for.

I'm going to have to explore these further!

No comments: