Friday, March 30, 2007

LibraryThing exploration

I've been resisting trying this out, as I was afraid I would lose hours and hours of time to it. Will have to see how the weekend plays out ;)

It certainly is really easy to use, and I could see it being a great book recommendation tool, since you see what other people who have your books like, too.

But at the same time, I've been trying to limit my possessions, and cutting down on books is a big part of this. I really feel that I don't need books I can easily get from the library...especially when there are always at least 300 books on my list of things I'm interested in reading! In a way, LibraryThing could be helpful here...because it could make me question if I want to be recognized as the sort of person who owns particular books ;)

I'll have to play with this one more at home, for sure.

Oh...I forgot to post my mini-catalog

No comments: